Spotlight is a must read for any adviser, accountant, or lawyer whose clients are currently, or are at risk of being, under HMRC's spotlight.
HMRC has been under clear instruction to help the government to reduce the tax gap. Over the past year we've seen an increase in HMRC's compliance activity, which has been led largely by its ever increasing access to information coupled with expanding its powers. We share our experience of this through pertinent case studies while also sharing how we can assist your clients under investigation.
Some of the topics covered in this edition include:
- Electronic Sales Suppression (ESS) - New HMRC powers
- Is remote ADR mediation the (only) way forward?
- Guest author Laurent Sykes QC gives his view on some recent tax cases
- How cryptocurrency should be treated for tax purposes
- How the team removed penalties for a client without key evidence
Click here to read issue two
If you have any questions, comments, or thoughts about topics covered in this issue, please get in touch. We hope you enjoy this issue, and look forward to receiving your feedback.