Here’s why you should consider a tax investigation specialist
Specialist advisers, like us, will guide you around potential pitfalls and manage your case to make sure you’re properly protected.
At Buzzacott, our team, including former HMRC Senior Inspectors, will give you an unparalleled insight into the enquiry process and HMRC’s powers. We utilise our knowledge to anticipate HMRC’s likely course of action and expertly guide our clients through the enquiry process, reducing your exposure to tax and penalties for you.
When considering appointing specialist representation to deal with a HMRC tax investigation, you and your advisers should ask the following questions:
- Do you feel comfortable dealing with HMRC?
- Are you able to manage and control HMRC?
- What potential penalties are involved and do you know how best to minimise these?
- Are there any errors in your tax/VAT affairs that you should disclose and, if so, how did these errors happen?
- Are you sure which irregularities are deliberate and which are non-deliberate, and are you confident you can defend this position if pressed by HMRC?
- What is the best way of addressing your tax affairs to secure a better settlement or outcome with HMRC?
- Can you go to prison?
- Are you concerned about being publicised as a tax defaulter?
If you feel hesitant or uncomfortable about your ability to deal with the any of the above points, it’s in your best interest to consider appointing a specialist.