Phil joined Buzzacott in 2012 and is an Associate Director in our Expatriate Tax Services team.
Phil’s client base tends to include: entrepreneurs, high-level professionals and trust beneficiaries, who are high-net worth UK resident, non-domiciled individuals. He helps his clients navigate through ever-changing US and UK tax legislation with respect to their affairs, analysing the impact on existing structures or plans. He also specialises in non-US trust work, dual-qualified charities and non-resident US estate taxes.
Phil is a Chartered Tax Advisor in the UK, and a US qualified Enrolled Agent, allowing him to apply his cross-jurisdictional knowledge to scenarios that clients present him with.
In addition, Phil and our Expatriate Tax Services team can assist clients with:
- Preparation of US Federal income tax returns
- Preparation of State income tax returns
- Preparations of US Charity tax returns
- Preparation of US non-resident estate tax returns
- Preparation of US Gift Tax returns
- Preparation of UK income tax returns
- Preparation of Non-Resident Capital Gains Tax returns (UK)
- Advice work and planning in respect of US/UK tax matters
Working closely with Buzzacott’s Private Client, Charity and not-for-profit and Financial Planning teams, he is able to offer his clients a fully joined-up solution for effective tax planning.
Prior to joining Buzzacott, Phil was on the Management Graduate scheme for De Vere Hotels.
Away from his desk, Phil plays racquet sports; including tennis and squash. He is also an active member of the award-winning Kings Cross Steelers RFC based in West Ham, the world’s first gay and inclusive rugby club.