Paul Baker - Associate Director.

Paul joined Buzzacott in 2008 as a graduate and is now an Associate Director in our Expatriate Tax Services team.

Paul works with high-net-worth US citizens, small business owners, partners and US/UK dual qualified charities and foundations. He helps his clients navigate through both US and UK tax systems, to ensure they are not double taxed, through offering proactive cross-border tax compliance services and bespoke personal US and UK tax advice tailored to individual circumstances

In particular, Paul is an expert on the US Global Intangible Low Taxed Income (GILTI) regime and its impact on US citizens with controlled foreign corporations. As well as this, Paul also specialises in US/UK dual qualified charities, assisting with US tax compliance (forms 990 and 990-PF).

Working closely with Buzzacott’s Financial Planning team, he is able to bring investment and tax advice together to benefit his clients.

Outside of work, Paul is a very active runner and manages the Buzzacott running club. He also regularly plays five a-side football.

You might also be interested in… US & UK Personal Tax And Estate Planning.

We have a long track record of combining technical expertise and practical tax advice to serve the international tax planning needs of US expatriates. US taxpayers who live abroad need to make financial and personal decisions while considering both US and domestic tax legislation. Our team of qualified US tax advisors can guide you in making decisions that work in both the short and long-term, while avoiding pitfalls and unexpected consequences.

We have extensive experience of advising individuals, trustees and small business owners on a wide variety of issues, ranging from pension planning, gifts to family and estate taxes to suitable structures for new businesses. We can advise on the tax consequences of your compensation arrangements and personal investments, as well as international partnership and corporate issues. We have expertise in residence and domicile issues and give tax advice about moving to the US, acquiring a Green Card and expatriating.

As UK tax qualified advisors, we can advise you on UK residence and domicile issues, prepare UK tax returns to report your UK sourced income (for example rental income), and help you with pre-arrival or pre-departure planning. We also have significant experience in advising clients on the UK tax issues associated with UK property ownership.

Whether you are moving to or from the US or UK, are a long-term resident in Asia with US or UK tax issues who feels their affairs are not tax efficient, or even a trustee concerned about the US and UK tax issues facing a beneficiary, we have the expertise to help. Our aim is always to take a holistic approach that focuses on your personal circumstances; we seek to be concise and clear as well as proactive in identifying solutions to issues before they become a problem.