Scott Barber - Partner.

“My clients make my job interesting – they come from diverse backgrounds and have an array of challenges that aren’t always financial. I build relationships with my clients, understand their issues and then help to bring about the best outcome for them”

Scott joined Buzzacott in 2004 and is a Partner in the Expatriate Tax Services team.

Scott is a dually qualified expert in US/UK tax matters and is an American Certified Public Accountant. He has over 25 years’ experience both in the US, his country of birth and the UK where he has settled, dealing with expatriate tax issues, including tax efficient charitable giving for private clients. 

If you’re an American in the UK or a British citizen (or other foreign national) who wants to relocate to the US, Scott can help iron out the complex cross-border tax regulations. He is also able to help senior executives working in financial services and owner-managed businesses with all the necessary taxation information for temporary or longer term relocations. In addition, Scott works with those who have fallen into trouble keeping up with their US tax filing obligations.

Scott is a member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the UK Association of Tax Technicians.

Prior to Buzzacott, Scott held several senior roles at EY and PWC in the United States, Germany and the U.K.

Beyond his desk Scott likes to travel, read and attend the theatre and cinema with his family. He also has a keen interest and understanding of US politics and the interaction with US tax policy.


You might also be interested in… Expatriate tax.

We know how both tax systems work from the inside, out. Talk to us about how best to manage your income, reduce liability and pay the correct local tax. We’ve had the pleasure of supporting many internationally mobile workers through pivotal stages in their lives from our London office while on the other side of the world Buzzacott’s Hong Kong team looks after US and UK nationals living across Southeast Asia.

  • UK tax advice
  • US tax returns for UK-residing American citizens
  • UK tax returns for non-UK residents with UK source income
  • UK tax advice about UK statutory residency rules
  • Pre-departure/arrival planning, including assignment structuring
  • Inheritance tax advice