Key areas to invest in to boost your cyber health
Cyber health is increasingly a board level agenda topic, due to legislation and hacktivism threats. Harness these key areas to strengthen your organisation’s cyber health:
- Review your budget – set aside an allowance for a cyber security audit and a contingency for resolving issues.
- Invest in resource – depending on your firm’s requirements, ascertain if in-house staff are suitably trained or can this specialism be outsourced?
- Engage and educate staff – this should be high on the risk register and contingency plans should be in place to tackle cyber risks at all levels.
- Focus attention – ensure that your tech partners are focused on your cyber health – assume nothing and ensure that you probe their approach.
- Avoid information overload and compliance clutter – seek out key priorities and understand what are the mandatories for legislation relevant to your industry’s requirements.
Chief Information Officers (CIOs) face the unenviable challenge of protecting the organisation. It is essential for them to encourage productivity, agile working and collaboration, harnessing the use of technology platforms. While many CIOs seek to empower their organisation, their protective duties might be misinterpreted as a barrier.
Looking for more information?
If you’d like further information around assessing your cyber health and to put the right steps in place that are relevant for your organisation, please fill in the form below and one of our experts will be in touch.