Reports only need to be made for account holders that are tax resident in any of the following overseas countries:
Austria, Argentina, Barbados, Belgium, Bulgaria, Colombia, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands, Niue, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden.
The following information will need to be reported for each reportable account holder:
- Taxpayer Identification Number
- Jurisdiction to which the information is reportable
- The account number (or a functional equivalent, e.g. a grant reference number)
- Your charity’s name and identifying number
- The account balance at 31 December (for grants and donations, the amount paid in the calendar year)
If you have no reportable account holders, there is no requirement to file a “nil” return.