Wednesday 21 April 2021
10:00 - 11:00 GMT
How would your company respond if the SME R&D tax credits scheme disappeared? HMRC have announced that it’s conducting a consultation to review the effectiveness of the R&D tax credit scheme and one of the proposed changes is to bring the SME scheme into the large company tax credit. This could have a massive impact for smaller companies and for this reason, we’ll be running a briefing session on 21 April at 10:00am to explain the consultation and provide guidance on how businesses should respond.
Why is it important to find out more about the consultation?
We think this is the only opportunity that companies will get to have their voice heard in respect to the R&D scheme. For this reason, you should not stay silent; otherwise you might continue missing out on tax credit benefits. We want you to participate in the consultation so the scheme will evolve and include your company’s needs. This consultation is particularly important if:
- Your business makes use of the scheme to assist with cashflow, some of the proposed changes might reduce the benefit you receive.
- You’re frustrated with the limited scope of the qualifying spend HMRC is offering the opportunity to explain what additional qualifying costs would help your business expand.
- You feel that there should be more certainty with the scheme, HMRC is looking at pre-approval options and potentially moving the scheme outside of the tax system to speed up processing.
We’ll run through specific details that the new consultation is looking at:
- How to understand the questions being asked and respond in a way that will ensure your input is understood.
- What other businesses feel about the proposed changes and to understand their concerns.
- What are the implications of the proposals and how they may impact the benefit received by your business.
Book your place now via the link below and we look forward to welcoming you on 21 April.
10:00 - 10:30 - Webinar
10:30 - 11:00 - Q&A
11:00 – Finish
Book your place